The Canary Islands offer the best climate in the world, with an average temperature of 23 ° C throughout the year. Each island offers completely different scenery and attractions.Come discover the Canary Islands!
The Canary Islands offer the best climate in the world, with an average temperature of 23 ° C throughout the year. Each...
The 23rd of June, known as night of Saint John, is for many the most magic night of the year. It is celebrated to honor the summer solstice that brings us longer and warmer days.
It is a day that is celebrated in the whole of Spain. In Tenerife, the acts and celebrations of this night change according to the region. On most of the beaches of Tenerife you will find bonfires and people celebrating around them. One of the most common rituals of this night is to burn something old (photos, memories, books, etc) to give beginning to something new.
Different events take place during the 23rd of June in different regions of the island:
– El Médano: during Saturday the 21st and Monday the 23rd of June the town of El Médano celebrates the IV Edition of the Night at the main square. There are several musical spectacles programmed to enjoy this special night.
– Puerto de la Cruz: during the night of June 23 there are several spectacles and the main bonfire at Playa Jardín. On June 24, with the first rays of sunlight the traditional Bath of the Goats (“Baño de las Cabras”) is celebrated in the fishing wharf.
– Garachico: in this town in the north of the island they celebrate this night with acoustic fires and fire-balls done with sacks and sawdust.
The 23rd of June, known as night of Saint John, is for many the most magic night of the year. It is celebrated to honor...
¿Pasará esta Semana Santa en el sur de Tenerife? Desde Adrián Hoteles le proponemos algunos planes, para que además de disfrutar de sol y playa, conozca un poco más la isla de Tenerife y se vaya con muy buen recuerdo a casa. – Menú especial Semana Santa en el restaurante La Cúpula del hotel Jardines de Nivaria 5*. El día 18 de abril, Viernes Santo, este restaurante gourmet situado en Costa Adeje ofrece un menú diferente, no incluido en su carta habitual, para disfrutar de una noche inolvidable. – Representación de “La Pasión” en el pueblo de Adeje el día 18 de abril. El Viernes Santo, a las 12 del mediodía se representa La Pasión de Cristo en la Calle Grande de Adeje, con más de 300 actores. Desde los tres hoteles de Adrián Hoteles se ofrece un servicio gratuito de transporte para asistir a este acto. – Senderismo con Nivaria Trekking. Adrián Hoteles ofrece un programa de senderismo exclusivo para los clientes de sus hoteles situados en Costa Adeje, que les llevará a descubrir rincones a pie de la isla de Tenerife. Hay excursiones para todos los niveles. Más info aquí. – Para los más fiesteros hay diferentes fiestas, tanto por el día como por la noche, organizados por diferentes discotecas y bares del sur de Tenerife. Para la fiesta nocturna destacamos el Papagayo Beach Club y para la diurna el Monkey Beach Club. Otra opción, tanto para la noche, como para el día es el Faro Chill Art. Si aún no tiene su reserva para Semana Santa, en Adrián Hoteles todavía puede reservar alguna habitación para disfrutar de estos maravillosos planes.
¿Pasará esta Semana Santa en el sur de Tenerife? Desde Adrián Hoteles le proponemos algunos planes, para que además de d...
We invite you to discover the guachinches of Tenerife, places where you can drink and eat at a low price and get to know a bit more about the culture and traditions of the island.
What is a “guachinche”?
Originally the “guachinches” were houses where people went to taste the house wine and also got offered some small portions of food, like cheese.
Today, the guachinches are a kind of restaurant, offering home-grown wine and a few typical Canarian dishes. You can find them in the houses classrooms and they are only open for a few months a year.
Where to find a guachinche
Most of the guachinches are in the North of the island of Tenerife, around the area of Santa Úrsula and La Matanza. You can find their sings on the road, they are usually handwritten or very simple. Most of them are a bit hidden, just follow the signs!
Is it a guachinche or not?
In 2013 a new law regulates the “guachinches”, to avoid competition with restaurants and bars.
- only sells home-grown wine
- opens only a few months a year
- has a very reduced menu, three or four dishes
What to order
The first and most important thing is to order the house wine.
The guachinches usually offer a very small number of dishes, which include meat, cheese and “gofio”. We recommend you to try the “escaldón”, cheese with mojo and some meat with “papas arrugadas” (potatoes).
We invite you to discover the guachinches of Tenerife, places where you can drink and eat at a low price and get to know...
The interest in taking part in races of all kind has been increasing over the past years. Tenerife, with it great climate and landscape, is a perfect location and each year there are different races of all styles around the island.
Here, in chronological order you have some of the races that will take place in 2014 in Tenerife:
Carnival Running 2014 (01 March at 12a): The I Carnival Running takes place in Santa Cruz, around the “Parque Marítimo” and the distance is 5 km. The most important thing here is to come dressed up and have a good time with friends. More information, here.
Half marathon Las Galletas 2014 (06 April at 10am):This is one of the oldest events in the sport scene of Tenerife and goes through the area of Las Galletas, El Fraile and Guargacho. There are two options for participants, the half-marathon and 10. 8 km. To register click here.
Santa Cruz Extreme (12 Apri): During this day, different races and trails will take place. They start in the capital of Tenerife and go through beautiful landscapes in the mountains. There are four different distances: Anaga Ultratrail (88 km) starting at 6am, Extreme (42 km), Trail of 21 km and 15 km at 9am. Detailed information about these events can be found here.
Olympic Triathlon El Médano 2014 (15 June at 9am): This Triathlon is held in El Médano and the distances are 1, 5km of swimming, 10 km ofrunning and 40 km of cycling. For more information and registration, please click here.
Tenerife Bluetrail 2014 (18 October):El Bluetrail offers four different distances: 10 km, 25 km half trail, 51 km trail and ultra-trail of 101 km. The ultra-trail is among the most difficult in Europe mountain tests and you reach the peak of the mount Teide. More information, here.
The interest in taking part in races of all kind has been increasing over the past years. Tenerife, with it great clima...
This year the theme of the Carnival of Santa Cruz de Tenerife is “Cartoons” and it will take place from the 1st to 9th of March, although during the entire month of February there are various competitions and events. To see the detailed program, click here.
The streets of the capital will have a special atmosphere as every year during this period. This year you will find all the heroes and figures from your favourite films, comics and series dancing and partying trough the streets of Santa Cruz.
The main days and events which are free of charge are:
- Carnival Parade: 28th February at 8 pm
This parade marks the beginning of the week of Carnival and it goes through the main streets of Santa Cruz. At the end, there will be fireworks.
- Party nights: 28th February to the 8th March
Throughout this week thousands of people dress up to party during the whole night. You will find different scenarios with different styles of music at the main squares of the capital.
- Carnival Party during the day: 02 and 08 of March, starting at 1 pm
The less party-goers can enjoy the best street party of the Carnival during the day on both Saturdays. It is also compulsory to dress up!
- “Coso Apoteósico” of the Carnival (big parade): 04 March at 4 pm
This is probably one of the most important events of the Carnival, we recommend you not to miss out. This big parade goes along the maritime promenade of Santa Cruz de Tenerife. All the groups of the Carnival (singer, artists, dancer and the Carnival Queens) participate.
- Funeral of the “Sardina”: 05 March at 9 pm
This is the official ending day of the Carnival, however the party remains a few more days on the street. Thousands of people accompanied the sardine, disguised as widows to the main square “Plaza de España”where it will be burnt.
All of these events you can attend with public transport from Adrian Hoteles, since the service will be strengthened.
This year the theme of the Carnival of Santa Cruz de Tenerife is "Cartoons" and it will take place from the 1st to 9th o...
The most romantic day of the year is already around the corner: Valentine’s Day. We have selected five plans to surprise your partner:
- Stroll and watch the sunset: stroll hand in hand with the sound of the sea in the background along the 9 km. beach promenade between Los Cristianos and La Caleta. For sure, you will find a romantic spot to watch the sunset.
- Dive with turtles: not all plans have to be at night. Enjoy with your partner diving into the blue waters of El Puertito in Armeñime to swim next to the colony of sea turtles that live there.
- Dinner at La Cúpula: surprise your partner with a candlelight dinner at the restaurant La Cúpula, which will offer a special menu for this day
- Stargazing at the Teide: the sky of the Canary Islands is considered one of the best for stargazing. Why not take your other half to Mount Teide and enjoy an evening of romance under the stars?
- Excursion by boat: a boat trip along the south coast of the island of Tenerife, which with a bit of luck may include whales and dolphin watching. The best choice to end this day is to watch the sunset from the boat.
For those who consider that a plan for a day is not enough, we offer a weekend in Costa Adeje at one of the Adrian Hoteles, with a special touch of romance and passion. Click here for more information on our sensual escape offer.
The most romantic day of the year is already around the corner: Valentine’s Day. We have selected five plans to surprise...
The Teide is the main icon of Tenerife and during your visit to the island, you must spend at least one day to discovering the Teide National Park, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
From Adrian Hotels we recommend different ways to visit and experience its entire splendor:
– Excursion to Las Cañadas del Teide – There are visits organized that usually last a day to visit the main areas of Las Cañadas. You can also take your own car and explore by yourself, by stopping at viewpoints to photograph the famous sea of clouds. “Roques Garcia” is an obligatory stop, during your trip.
– Hiking in the area – as proposed by Adrian Hoteles in its trekking programme “Nivaria Explora.” There are many paths around the mountain that offer you a unique view of the Teide. Adrian Hoteles offers two routes: Montaña Reventada and Las Arenas. More information here.
– Hiking to the top of Montaña Blanca – for the most adventurous, we recommend the path that will take you from Montaña Blanca to the crater of Teide. To access the crater, it is necessary to have a permit. This tour can be done in a day but you can also spend the night in the refuge and climb to the summit at dawn. See the sunrise from Mount Teide, is an unforgettable experience. More information about licensing and booking at the refuge.
– Discover Teide by cable car – if you don’t have much time for hiking, you can also reach the top by cable car. From the high base, you can find multiple paths and admire the view of the national park and the island. To reach the top (crater of Teide), it’s necessary to have a permit.
– Helicopter – the company Helidream Canarias offers a VIP tour of the island including a fly over the Teide National Park. This is a different way to enjoy this natural wonder.
Each one of these trips is worth it and shows the Teide from another angle, but never less spectacular.
Adrian Hoteles chains, located in Costa Adeje, in the south of Tenerife, are in a perfect location for any of these tours and to enjoy a few days the island, its sun, beaches and landscapes.
The Teide is the main icon of Tenerife and during your visit to the island, you must spend at least one day to discoveri...
The first months of the year are a good choice to spend your holidays in Tenerife. The climate is very pleasant, so you can go to the beach and/or visit and explore the island.
In addition, during these months there is a wide cultural offer and some of the most important events, such as the Carnival of Tenerife take place at the beginning of the year.
- Festival de Música de Canarias – during the months of January and February you can enjoy several concerts at the Auditorio de Tenerife, Adán Martin. They include two concerts offered by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra in January.
- Les Miserables – this famous musical comes to Auditorio de Tenerife at the beginning of January.
- Carnival – the Carnival is one of the biggest festivals on the island. In 2014, its theme is cartoons. Since the end of January you can enjoy “murgas” contest and late February starts the street party, culminating with a big parade through the streets of Santa Cruz and the burial of the sardine.
- San Sebastián (La Enramada) – to be present at this festival is a luxury, and you rarely will have chance to see dozens of riders with their horses going into the sea, showing off their skills and paying tribute to their saint. This Festival is held in San Sebastian, La Caleta (Costa Adeje), a few minutes from the hotels.
- Canary circuit of Surfing (Kids Challenge) – for lovers of the sea and sports on the 26th of January takes place the junior Championship of surf at the Punta Blanca Bay, in the municipality of Guía de Isora.
The island of Tenerife has loads to offer. We invite you to get to know Tenerife by the hand of Adrian Hoteles.
The first months of the year are a good choice to spend your holidays in Tenerife. The climate is very pleasant, so you...